Testing sites managed by the California Department of Public Health and the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency have opened across San Diego to help the county reach its goal of administering 5,200 COVID-19 tests per day.
The county has also deployed mobile testing sites in an effort to make testing widely available for priority populations.
Here's a look at all state-run and county-run testing sites across San Diego.
State Testing Sites
State-run testing sites do not require a referral from a doctor. All state-run testing sites will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. open on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. If you are unable to schedule online, call (888) 634-1123.
The state-run testing sites are located at:
- Chula Vista testing site is located at 565 Broadway, Chula Vista
- County's Live Well Center in Escondido 649 W Mission Ave., Escondido
- Tubman-Chavez Community Center located at 415 Euclid Ave, San Diego
- San Diego County Assessor Office located at 200 S. Magnolia Avenue in El Cajon.
County Testing Sites
County-run testing sites do not require a referral from a doctor. An appointment is necessary at all County testing locations. Appointments must be made by calling 211 and asking for the Nurse Triage Line.
The county testing sites are located at:
- Euclid Health Center located at 292 Euclid Ave., San Diego
- Testing will be held every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Only 70 tests will be made available. A doctor's referral will be needed.
- San Diego County Credit Union Stadium (SDCCU) in Mission Valley located at 9449 Friars Rd., San Diego
- The hours of operation will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Live Well Center at Chula Vista located at 690 Oxford St., Chula Vista
- The hours of operation will be from 1 to 7 p.m.
- St. Anthony of Padua, at 410 W 18th Street, National City.
- Testing will take place for the next two weeks as of Saturday. Testing will be held on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The San Diego LGBT Community Center, 3909 Centre St
- The County’s Live Well on Wheels Mobile Office will be offering testing on Mondays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. starting June 1.
- University of San Diego West Parking Lot, 5998 Alcala Park
- Available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for up to 180 tests per day.
The following testing sites will be available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in rural communities. An appointment is necessary.
- Potrero Library, 24883 Potrero Valley Road, Potrero, CA 91963
- Testing will be held on May 30
- San Diego County Library, 1275 Main St., Ramona, CA 92065
- Testing will be held June 1 and 2
- San Diego County Library: 31466 Hwy 94, Campo, CA 91906
- Testing will be held on June 3
- Pauma Valley School, 33158 Cole Grade Rd., Pauma Valley, CA 92061
- Testing will be held on June 4
- San Diego County Library, 3407 Hwy 78, Julian, CA 92036
- Testing will be held on June 5
- CAL FIRE Monte Vista HQ, 2249 Jamacha Rd., El Cajon, CA 92019
- Testing will be held on June 6
The migrant community is considered a vulnerable population and when calling 211 should let a nurse know of their insurance status to receive an appointment and be connected with a community health care provider, the county said.
To find community-run testing sites, click here to find one near you.
Rady Children’s Hospital is partnering with the county to offer 2,000 COVID-19 testings daily. For more details, click here.
CVS Health, which is not affiliated with government agencies, has also announced plans to increase testing at about 1,000 locations across the country. For locations in San Diego County, click here.