Firefighter Rescues Dog From Vista House Fire - NBC 7 San Diego

Firefighter Rescues Dog From Vista House Fire

Golfers playing at the Shadowridge Country Club originally reported the fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Army Sgt's Remains Return 69 Years After He Was KIA
    Vista Fire Department

    A firefighter rescued a dog from a house fire at a home in the 1900 block of Lemonwood Lane in Vista, the Vista Fire Department confirmed.

    Golfers playing at the Shadowridge Country Club first reported seeing smoke from the eaves of the home around 9:48 a.m. Wednesday.

    A firefighter found a dog under a bed in the home. The dog was safely taken outside where it was cared for by neighbors until its owners returned.

    The fire was found to have started by a plug-in air freshener in the living room. The San Marcos and Carlsbad Fire Departments assisted with the fire, which was brought under control by 10:10 a.m. 

    Three adults and one child were displaced by the fire, and the Red Cross will be assisting the family with lodging.

    The fire caused approximately $30,000 worth of damage.

    The exact brand of the air freshener is not known due to the amount of damage to the air freshener.

    The dog was unharmed in the fire.