Dunkin' Donuts Evacuated After Customer's Carbon Monoxide Detector Goes Off

Sunday, Jun 1, 2014  |  Updated 10:43 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Dunkin' Donuts Evacuated After Customer's Carbon Monoxide Detector Goes Off

An ambulance technician looking for an early morning cup of coffee at a Long Island Dunkin' Donuts was in the right place at the right time.
 
Authorities say the man went into the store in Carle Place around 4 a.m. Friday. He happened to be wearing a carbon monoxide detector, which went off indicating high levels of the gas.
 
The technician got the employees out of the store and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless and prolonged exposure is dangerous. 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out