Luiz Roberto Raymundo, 61, is accused of molesting a 16-year-old boy several times during a six-month period.
A soccer coach is in custody for allegedly molesting a teenage boy and investigators are searching for other possible victims, according to police.
A 16-year-old told Child Protective Services he had been molested by his soccer coach in 2010, according to police.
“Detectives interviewed the juvenile and found he had been molested several times during a six month period,” said Capt. Gary Wedge.
The alleged victim told police he took group lessons from Luiz Roberto Raymundo, 61, a transient living in his motor home.
“Raymundo told the victim he had connections, and with additional, private lessons, could prepare him for a professional soccer career in Brazil,” said Capt. Wedge.
The suspect allegedly convinced the victim to spend the night with him in his motor home on Friday nights.
“It was then that the molestations began,” said Capt. Wedge.
Raymundo was arrested at his motor home behind 684 Anita Street in Chula Vista on April 12 and a search warrant was served.
“Based on evidence found during that warrant, as well as on information provided by the victim, police believe other juveniles may have been victimized as well,” said Capt. Wedge.
Investigators think Raymundo has given soccer lessons to juveniles for several years.
“At various locations throughout the South Bay, including Larson Field in San Diego and on the sand at Imperial Beach,” said Capt. Wedge.
Raymundo is being held at County Jail. Bail is set at $500,000 along with an immigration detention order.
“The police department is seeking the public's assistance to locate other potential victims or witnesses,” said Capt. Wedge.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Detective Jeff Hobson at (619) 691-5182.