City leaders in Encinitas will debate whether to stop distributing single-use, plastic water bottles at city-sponsored events.
The City Council will consider a proposed change in policy that would apply only to city-sponsored meetings.
This would not be a general citywide ban on plastic bottles.
It would also only apply to events at places where drinking water is available at public water fountains or other sources.
More Local Stories:
- Realtor Buys Lingerie, Salon Services with Nuns’ Money
- Reunion in Works for Man Abducted as Toddler
- Man Attacks Cab With Didgeridoo
- Mom, Daughter Find Armed Man in Home
- Goodwill Offers Little Black Dress Deals