With miles of white sand and turquoise waters, San Diego’s breathtaking La Jolla Shores has been named among the top 25 attractions to visit in the U.S., according to one well-known website.
The travel planning and booking website, TripAdvisor, has compiled a list of America’s most popular attractions based on the greatest increase in traveler interest over this past summer.
According to the company’s “Attractions Trends Index,” La Jolla Shores is ranked No. 11 based on year-over-year search activity on TripAdvisor, which has increased by 88.8 percent between 2015 and 2016 for the period of May through July.
TripAdvisor says the scenic spot is beloved by travelers not only for its views, but for its beach area where one can try out a variety of water sports, including surf lessons, for a quintessential San Diego experience.
Other top-notch attractions across the U.S. that made the list include, in order:
1) One World Observatory: World Trade Center (New York City, New York)
2) The Magnificent Mile (Chicago, Illinois)
3) Gatlinburg Scenic Overlook (Gatlinburg, Tennessee)
4) The Pearl District (Portland, Oregon)
5) Mount Bonnell (Austin, Texas)
6) Newbury Street (Boston, Massachusetts)
7) Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster (Pigeon Forge, Tennessee)
8) The Grand Ole Opry (Nashville, Tennessee)
9) Watkins Glen State Park (Watkins Glen, New York)
10) Jackson Square (New Orleans, Louisiana)
For the full list of the 25 attractions included in the index, click here.
For tips on parking in La Jolla and at The Shores, visit this website.