Woman Hurt in East Harlem Gas Explosion Sues NYC

NYC Explosion
AP

A woman injured in a gas explosion in East Harlem that leveled two buildings and killed eight people earlier this year has filed a $25 million lawsuit against the city.

Kadeisha Joseph says she was getting ready to shower when the March blast threw her 20 feet, smacking her into a bathroom wall, according to Saturday's New York Post.

The 20-year-old says she has constant neck and back pain and had to give up her job working with disabled children.

A spokesman for the city's Law Department declined to discuss ongoing litigation with The Post.

Investigators have said they discovered a leak in the cast iron gas main, which was installed in 1887.

The National Transportation Board hasn't yet issued a final determination of what caused the blast.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us