Offices and services in both the city and the county of San Diego will close on Thursday in observance of the Veterans Day holiday.
Here’s a look at what will be closed and open around the region for this holiday:
- All administrative offices in both the city and the county
- City recreation centers
- All public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed, including the Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building. The city recommends checking individual museums and attractions for their holiday schedules
- City reservoirs that are not Miramar, Murray and San Vicente will be closed
- Development Services Department Virtual Counter appointments and inspection services will be closed. The city says, all other online services, including submitting new project applications, resubmittals and payments will be available by visiting sandiego.gov/DSD
- All libraries will be closed along with book pickup service
- City swimming pools
- Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District offices
- The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department
- The Family Justice Center. Individuals needing help related to domestic violence should call 911 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657
Veterans Day 2021
- Torrey Pines, Mission Bay and Balboa Park golf courses will be open at their normal hours.
- All City skate parks and open space trails will be open.
- Miramar, Murray and San Vicente reservoirs will be open from a half-hour before sunrise until sunset. Chollas Lake will be open from 6:30 a.m. until a half-hour before sunset.
Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets, yellow zones and posted street sweeping routes within the City of San Diego will not be enforced. All other parking violations will be enforced. Parking rules on Port of San Diego property and in different cities may vary, please read posted signage.
Trash Pickup and Disposal
There will be no delay in curbside trash, recyclables and yard waste pickup for customers served by the City’s Environmental Services Department. Scheduled collection will occur on Thursday, Nov. 11. Residents who are not serviced by the City’s Environmental Services Department should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
Police and Fire Agencies
San Diego Police and San Diego Fire-Rescue emergency crews are not impacted by holiday closures.