San Diego

Vigil Held for Pregnant Mother of 2 Killed in Ramona Crash

“I just have to take it one day at a time. I can't rush anything," said Regina Townsel, Jessica Foderingham's mother.

Family and friends had been planning a baby shower for an expectant mother before she was tragically killed in a crash in Ramona on Mother's Day.

"Last week, we were doing baby shower things and now we're planning a funeral, not a baby shower," Jessica Foderingham's best friend, Kandace Smith said.

Foderingham was eight months pregnant. Her baby did not survive the crash.

NBC 7 spoke with her mother, Regina Townsel, who described her daughter as someone who loved children.

"My kids have always been my best friends and now she is gone," Townsel said.

She said Foderingham, a mother of two boys, was a teacher's aid to elementary school kids.

“I knew that I had accomplished and raised a very intelligent child and she listened and she raised her children the way I taught her,” Townsel said.

Foderingham was killed in a crash just before 7 p.m. Sunday.

Her car was struck from behind by 44-year-old Andrew Milonis along San Vicente Road, according to California Highway Patrol (CHP) officials. Her car was pushed head-on into a tree.

Smith said Foderingham's husband had been driving separately behind her and witnessed the crash. The couple had been heading to her grandmother's house for a Mother's Day dinner.

Investigators said Milonis drove off, parked his car and then took a Lyft to The Turkey Inn on Main Street, where he was later arrested.

Smith told NBC 7, Foderingham had been so excited to have a girl and the family were going to reveal the baby's name at the shower this coming weekend.

"Her kids were everything to her--everything," Smith said. "And she kept taking about how excited she was because she was finally having a girl and she never thought she would have any more kids."

Townsel said her daughter had been planning to name her daughter Ayanna.

"It's heartbreaking. I think a lot of us are so upset because of how it happened and the fact that he didn't even stay," Smith said. "He just took off and went to another bar--didn't even care to see if she was okay.”

Flowers and gifts have been left at the crash site, in memory of Foderingham.

“I just have to take it one day at a time. I can't rush anything," Townsel said.

Milonis is set to appear in court Wednesday. He is being held on a $1 million  bail.

Contact Us