Justin Lin apparently blew the lid off of the under-wraps-till-now title of the upcoming third film in the J.J. Abrams-produced "Star Trek" franchise, the action-minded auteur having taken the directorial reins from Abrams for the lattest installment.
"Let the next Starfleet voyage begin!" he captioned a close-up of the patch worn by the Enterprise crew, adding the hashtags "#StarTrekBeyond" and, of course, "#LLAP."
And then Paramount posted to Facebook, "JUST ANNOUNCED #StarTrekBeyond." So "Star Trek Beyond" it is!
Filming is underway, with Zoe Saldana (who also posted Lin's big reveal) and Zachary Quinto having already posted pics from the set. Pretty much everyone has returned to active duty along with them, including Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, John Cho and Anton Yelchin.
Sofia Boutella is on board for the first time and Idris Elba's name has been bounced around as a rumored villain.
"Star Trek Beyond," the follow-up to the plainly titled first film and 2013's "Star Trek Into Darkness," is due in theaters July 8, 2016.
[NATL] Top Entertainment Photos: Best of the American Music Awards, and More
Lin is perhaps best known for helming four of the "Fast & Furious" films and he directed the two episodes of "True Detective's" second season that have aired so far. He said in an interview earlier this month that he's taking the rebooted "Star Trek" franchise into uncharted territory.
"It's all new and fresh," he told Deadline. "The Klingons, Romulans and other species are great, but it's time to go further. It has been fun to focus on creating whole new worlds and species."
Hence the "Beyond."