San Diego's Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) has expanded their schedule to accommodate the thousands of tourists visiting the city for Comic-Con.
Tourists and local alike heading to Comic-Con International can take the Green Line, UC San Diego Blue Line, and Orange Line to get downtown. For a full list of times, visit the MTS Comic-Con page.
Commemorative passes will also be available for purchase during Comic-Con at the following transit centers:
- Qualcomm Stadium: Wednesday 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Thursday to Friday 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturday 6:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Fashion Valley: Wednesday 2:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., Thursday to Friday 6:15 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday 6:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Sunday 6:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Hazard Center: Thursday to Saturday 6:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Old Town: Wednesday 2:00 to 7:00 p.m., Thursday to Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Convention Center: Wednesday 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Thursday to Friday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Gaslamp: Wednesday 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Thursday to Friday 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Saturday 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
You can also use your phone as your transit pass with Compass Cloud. Click here to download the app.
To purchase special event Comic-Con passes on Compass Cloud, select the ‘Special Event’ service, then select the preferred pass type.
Comic-Con special event passes cannot be activated until July 19, and are only valid for consecutive days within the duration of Comic-Con.
MTS would like to remind people to plan ahead and check departure times to make sure your transportation to Comic-Con is as stress-free as possible.