A San Diego utility worker made contact with an electrical line Monday and had to be rushed to the hospital.
Police and firefighters were called to Shady Lane at 11:20 a.m. after they received the report of an electrocution.
A San Diego Gas & Electric employee was working in one of the basket of one of the company's vehicles when the employee was shocked by a power line, according to El Cajon Police.
Police would not comment on the worker's condition but did say the patient was transported to UC San Diego Medical Center.
SDG&E employees at the scene would not comment on the incident and referred us to their corporate media representatives.
NBC 7 received a statement from SDG&E:
“The SDG&E family is saddened to report that one of our employees has been injured and transported to the hospital. There is no higher priority than the safety of our employees and community and we will fully investigate this incident.”