Del Cerro Grocery Store Catches Fire

An organic market in the San Diego neighborhood of Del Cerro caught fire Monday night.

Firefighters initially responded to Windmill Farms for a medical emergency.

An electrician, working on the main electrical box, was burned by an electric shock, according to officials.

The shock spread to nearby dry goods, prompting a two-alarm fire.

“Basically inside there was an explosion in the meat department, which started some flames, obviously a lot of smoke,” witness James Seastrom said."The fire alarm was pulled."

Ten employees were evacuated.

The electrician was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.

Contact Us