Oceanside Police Department released a sketch of a man who they say choked an 8-year-old boy last month.
The incident happened on June 22 at approximately 7:30 p.m. in Oceanside.
Police said the child the playing behind his home on the 4000 block of Olive Drive and the Sprinter Tracks near Oceanside Boulevard when the suspect, believed to be a man in his 20s, approached him. The suspect talked to the child for a few minutes before grabbing him around the neck.
He then ran away from the area.
Police said the suspect held the child with enough force that he could not breathe or yell. The suspect may possibly be a homeless man who lived in a nearby field.
They believe this appears to be an isolated incident.
The young boy suffered minor injuries.
The suspect is described as a man in his 20s, approximately 5-foot-7, with a heavy build and short hair.
Anyone with information or may have seen the suspect is asked to contact Detective Steve Stracke at (760)435-4703.