We are winding down the week and people are thinking about their weekend plans. Check out the "High Five" spots to be this weekend provided by our friends at Shindy.TV.
- Event Date/Time: Thursday — Saturday, 8 p.m.; Sunday, 7 p.m.
- Event Name: Stone Soup Theatre presents "The Cradle Will Rock"
- Event Location: 10th Avenue Theatre, 930 10th Avenue. Downtown
- Event URL: www.stonesouptheatre.net
A Play in Music by Marc Blitzstein — Corruption, greed and deception pervade the American economy…in 1937.
In this “play in music,” Corporate America has gotten out of hand and we are all suffering the economic fallout. This isn’t the plot of a new musical reflecting the world we face, but the revolutionary musical about the state of the economy in 1937.
Who would have thought that a provocative musical written during the Great Depression as a part of the Federal Theatre Project could still be relevant 70 years later?
Can’t afford a ticket? No problem! Show up at the theatre and Pay-What-You-Can! All unsold seats the night of performance are available at whatever price you can afford. Just show up and give what you can afford.
- Event Date: Friday and Saturday
- Event Time: 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m.
- Event Name: National Comedy Theater
- Event Location: 3717 India Street, San Diego, CA 92103 – (619) 295 4999
- Event URL: www.nationalcomedy.com
“Yell out a profession, person's name, location and a phobia...I will sing a song for you involving all four categories!”
The National Comedy Theater is your place to hold your stomach while laughing out loud.
This improv comedy group is a clean show for the whole family based fully on audience participation. So, bring your creativity and your friends to this hilarious show.
- Event Date: Friday - Sunday
- Event Time: Various times
- Event Name: "Working" The Musical
- Event Location: The Old Globe, 1363 Old Globe Way, San Diego, CA 92101-1696 – (619) 231 1941
- Event URL: www.theoldglobe.org
"Working" is an unforgettable musical that creates a vivid tapestry of how we work in America — woven from the funny and poignant stories of twenty-six everyday Americans — a fireman, a housewife, a publicist, a business executive, a stone mason, and more.
Based on the best-selling book by Pulitzer Prize winner Studs Terkel, "Working" will put a song in your heart as you get up in the morning to make it through another workday.
Contains Strong Language.
Tickets are only $20 for certain show times.
- Event Date: Saturday
- Event Time: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Event Name: Woofstock: A Festival For Dogs And People
- Event Location: Corner of Park Blvd & Presidents Way at Balboa Park
- Event URL: woofstock2009.kintera.org
Enjoy live music, munchies, and shopping for unique pet products. Watch exciting demonstrations of Disc Dogs, Flyball, and Canine Freestyle. See working dogs in action.
Let your pooch play at the K9 Playground!
Wear your 60's threads to compete in the Grooviest 60's Costume contest, and fish for prizes in the fun zone for kids.
Check out the fun pet products in the silent auction!
Free samples of Frosty Paws frozen treats for dogs while supplies last! Plus, enjoy a celebrity guest appearance!
Meet Jon Provost, who played Timmy in the classic TV series, "Lassie."
- Event Date: Saturday
- Event Time: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Event Name: Wild Wine Lovers With Gary Vaynerchuk
- Event Location: W Hotel, 421 W. B St. San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 398-3100
- Event URL: whotels.destinations.starwoodhotels.com
Challenge your palate alongside the uncut, uncensored, raw reviews of celebrity wine guru Gary Vaynerchuk at W San Diego’s first dual live tasting.
Let Vaynerchuk tease and train your taste buds as he simultaneously broadcasts live on Wine Library TV.
He’ll also unveil the coveted new "Thunder List" available exclusively at W San Diego.
Author and “social media sommelier” Vaynerchuk has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, GQ and Time, licked rocks with Conan O’Brien and shared samples of dirt and grass with Ellen DeGeneres. Now, he’s bringing his unique brand of bold and brazen tasting to San Diego, with an exclusive quarterly self-selected Thunder List of reds and whites available at the W San Diego.
He kicks off the partnership next Saturday, hosting an exclusive tasting event at W.