In case you forgot, Comic-Con is this weekend. But if you think you need a badge to enjoy all the festivities, you couldn't be more wrong. Outside of the Convention Center, you'll find lots of concerts, pre-parties and after-parties. While we haven't compiled everything, here's a quick rundown of some of the most notable events.
Saturday, July 22
- Bassmnt: A superhero-themed costume party accompanies a DJ set from Party Favor at this downtown nightclub. Tickets range from $10-$40. Go here for more information. 919 Fourth Ave.
- Copley Symphony Hall: "Raiders, Rebels and Supermen: The Music of John Williams" hits the acoustically pristine venue and will feature excerpts from "Jurassic Park," "Superman," "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "E.T.," and of course, "Star Wars." Go here for more information. 750 B St.
- House of Blues: One of the pioneers in the DJ/producer realm, DJ Shadow hits the decks. The show is all-ages (18 and under with guardian) and doors are at 7 p.m. Go here for more information. 1055 Fifth Ave.
- Music Box: Michelle Branch (with some help from her beau -- and Black Keys drummer -- Patrick Carney) takes the Little Italy stage. Read our show preview here. Doors at 8 p.m. Go here for more information. 1337 India St.
- Parq: Grand Theft delivers a criminally fun DJ set. Go here for more information. 615 Broadway Ave.
- Waterfront Park: Heroes Brew Fest hits downtown with brews, food, tech, and sets by DJ FishFonics, DJ Mancat, and Kristian Nairn. Go here for more information. 1600 Pacific Highway.
- Soda Bar: Get your dose of surf-rock with La Luz, Teenage Burritos, SIXES and Poison Rites. Get tickets here. 3615 El Cajon Blvd.
- Casbah: San Diego's heavy hitters, Creature & the Woods and the Heavy Guilt, get down and dirty. Get tickets here. 2501 Kettner Blvd.
Food. Fun. Lifestyle. Features. All in America's Finest City.
- Casbah: Nerd out with Digital Lizards of Doom who bring their comic book electro-rock to Casbah over Comic-Con weekend. Get tickets here. 2501 Kettner Blvd.
- Observatory North Park: More like Hip-Hop-Con -- Living Legends, Immortal Technique, Necro, Visionaries, Evidence, Sick Jacken, Andre Nickatina and more taken over the Observatory. 2891 University Ave.