Rainbow flags, parades and parties will dominate the Hillcrest area this weekend, but the good times come with some road closures.
Starting at 6 a.m. Saturday, the following streets will be closed until 4 p.m. that day:
- Centre Street from University Avenue to Park Boulevard
- Lincoln Avenue from Cleveland Avenue to Park Boulevard
- Normal Street from University Avenue to Washington Street
- Harvey Milk Street from Cleveland Avenue and Centre Street
Normal Street and Harvey Milk Street were also closed on Friday to make way for the Pride of Hillcrest Block Party that night.
From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, these streets will be shut down:
- University Avenue from 6th Avenue to Park Boulevard
- Evans Place from 5th Avenue to 6th Avenue
- 6th Ave from Upas Street to University Avenue
- Pennsylvania Avenue from 5th Avenue to 6th Avenue
- Balboa Drive in Balboa Park
- Brookes Avenue from 5th Avenue to 6th Avenue
- Robinson Avenue from 5th Avenue to 6th Avenue
- Ivy Lane from 5th Avenue to 6th Avenue
The annual Pride Parade starts at 11 a.m. at the Hillcrest Pride Flag at University Avenue and Normal Street. The 1.1-mile route heads west on University, turns south on 6th Avenue, left on Balboa Drive and ends at Laurel Street.
The map below includes all of the street closures.