Want to order Starbucks in San Diego with the touch of a smartphone? There’s an app feature for that.
On Tuesday, Starbucks announced it will expand its “Mobile Order & Pay” service to 3,400 more stores across the U.S. – including locations in San Diego.
The service, available via the Starbucks mobile app, allows customers to place an order in advance and then pick it up at their chosen Starbucks location.
Before Tuesday, the coffee app service was only available in the Pacific Northwest but this latest expansion makes mobile ordering available to a total of 4,000 shops – more than half of all Starbucks locations in the U.S. – including locations in California, Colorado, Texas and Virginia, among many other states.
The company said it plans to complete the program’s national rollout later this year.
Here’s a quick rundown of how to use the Mobile Order & Pay feature:
- Click on the “Order” option at the top right of the screen
- Select the food and beverage items to order: Just as in-stores, beverages are customizable, including the option to modify size, number of espresso shots, dairy selections and more.
- Select the participating store for pick up: Approximate wait times will be viewable on the customer’s phone prior to selecting store location. Directions will also be available if needed.
- Confirm by clicking “order:” At the time of order, payment is made from the customer’s registered Starbucks Card.
- Proceed to the selected Starbucks store to pick up food and beverages: Orders are immediately sent to the selected store where Starbucks partners (baristas) will begin preparing the items.