Fire Damages Spin Nightclub - NBC 7 San Diego

Saturdays after SNL
on NBC 7 San Diego
music. community. culture.

Fire Damages Spin Nightclub



    Spin Nightclub Caught Fire

    NBC 7's Matt Rascon reports outside Spin Nightclub in San Diego where a fire alarm was activated early Friday. (Published Friday, Nov. 14, 2014)

    A nightclub located near San Diego International Airport suffered thousands of dollars in damage not from fire but from the water that was activated to put out that fire, officials said.

    A refrigerator in the roof area of Spin on Hancock Street caught fire around 3:30 a.m., set off the alarm and the building’s sprinkler system.

    The water sprinklers contained the fire from the rest of the three-story building, fire officials said.

    San Diego Fire-Rescue crews said they had trouble turning off the sprinklers because of a stripped valve so water was shooting out for several more minutes after crews got there.

    Those officials estimated that most of the $20,000 in damage is due to water and not smoke or fire.

    Get the latest from NBC 7 San Diego anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android