For those who are new to the rummage sale, the event is an opportunity to catch American Apparel pieces at deeply discounted prices— up to 85% off, with items starting at $1.
Wondering about how you can have a good shopping experience? We spoke with AJ Shire and Alexandra Mora from American Apparel and got these tips.
- Last year, a few people camped out overnight to be in the front of the line. While this type of activity is allowed, it’s not recommended. The store has over 30,000 items on hand and pieces will be replenished throughout the day. Use your best judgment and stay safe!
- If you can’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to ask an American Apparel employee. They will be glad to take down your contact information, along with the style and size that you are looking for. When that item comes out, they’ll give you a call.
- While clothing will be placed on racks, socks, underwear and possibly children’s clothing will likely be placed in bins.
- When paying, consider bringing cash or utilizing the ATM machine located on site -- the cashiers will be split between credit/debit and cash only and the credit/debit line takes more time to get through.
- For those who are buying more than they can carry, feel free to bring your items to the cashiers who can put your items aside while you shop.
- While admission to this event is free, front of the line wristbands will be available for purchase.
- Finally, make sure to keep your cool and be considerate of others while looking around.