A jury has reached a verdict for the two teenagers accused of kidnapping and raping two young girls.
The jury determined that Contreras is guilty on all 21 counts on Nov. 2. Rodriguez was convicted on Monday, and found guilty on 10 counts.
Family of the victims were in court were seen crying and wearing white ribbons as the verdict was read.
Deputy District Attorney Wendy Patrick said this verdict is a great victory for the families of both victims and they are happy to finally have closure.
Throughout the case, prosecutors argued Rodriguez conspired with Contreras to attack the 16-year old girls last year in a Rancho Peñasquitos park.
"While the girls looked for a place to have a conversation, the defendants saw the girls and formed a conspiracy, a conspiracy to kidnap and to rape which resulted in a brutal, prolonged sexual assault,” said Patrick.
Patrick said the two teenagers attacked the girls from behind as they sat under a tree in September last year.
She said they forced the victims across a street at knife point to a secluded area where the attack lasted 30 minutes.
Rodriguez's defense attorney focused on his confession that he made about a week after the incident.
She said Rodriguez cooperated with police and was remorseful. But she said the girls must have been confused about whether her client committed certain sexual acts.
“You've heard William Rodriguez's confession, you heard he didn't play any games, when the detectives told him why they were there and that he, they knew that he was responsible, that he did it, what did he do? He started nodding. He didn't play games, he didn't blame,” said defense attorney Dana Feuling.
Sentencing will be determined next year and face multiple life sentences.