San Diego County is making free sand and bags available to residents in anticipation of rain.
Seven fire stations will offer free bags and the sand to fill them. All you need to do is bring a shovel and do the work.
The county released the locations Tuesday as forecasters are calling for a 90-percent chance of rain beginning Thursday.
Here’s the list from San Diego County’s Department of Public Works:
- Alpine, Alpine Fire Protection District, Station 17, 1364 Tavern Road (BAGS ONLY).
- Bonita, Bonita/Sunnyside Fire Department, 4900 Bonita Road.
- Dulzura, Cal Fire Station 30, 17304 Highway 94.
- Fallbrook, North County Fire Protection District, Station 4: 4375 Pala Mesa Drive.
- Julian, Cal Fire Station 50: 1587 Highway 78.
- Pauma Valley-Rincon, Cal Fire Station 70: 16971 Highway 76.
- Ramona, 3410 Dye Road, Ramona, CA .
- Valley Center, Cal Fire Station 73: 28205 N. Lake Wohlford Road.