Well-Involved Fire Burns in Golden Hill

Firefighters responded to fire Monday evening

By Lauren Steussy
|  Tuesday, Jun 5, 2012  |  Updated 7:36 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Officials Investigate Large House Fire

Leslee Schafer

The blaze burned at a house in Golden Hill on Monday night.

Smoke filled a Golden Hill neighborhood Monday night as firefighters responded to a well-involved house fire.

The fire in a single-family home in the 800 block of 21st Street began just after 8 p.m. Monday, according to the San Diego Fire Department.

Firefighters happened to drive by the house as the blaze started. They began fighting it before dispatchers even knew about the fire. Crews knocked down the fire shortly after they arrived.

The homeowner left the house as quickly as she could, grabbed her two dogs and ran out. She said she believes the fire was caused by an electrical problem.

The San Diego Police Department was requested for traffic control in the residential area.

No injuries were initially reported.

 

Keep up to date on breaking news: Download our improved iPhone app, follow us on Twitter @nbcsandiego, fan us on Facebook, sign up for our breaking news e-mail alerts or text SDBREAKING to 622339 to receive text messages for local breaking news. (For more info, text HELP. To end, text STOP. Message and data rates may apply.)

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out