San Diego Police Department
San Diego Police released this composite sketch of the indecent exposure suspect who's been allegedly exposing himself to high school girls in Mira Mesa and Rancho Bernardo for the past two years.
San Diego Police arrested a man in Mira Mesa on Monday in connection with a longtime indecent exposure case.
For the past two years, the suspect has been allegedly exposing himself to several juvenile girls in Rancho Bernardo and Mira Mesa, according to investigators.
Police said the incidents generally happened in the morning hours as the high school-age girls walked to school. The male would typically walk close to the victims and expose himself on the spot.
"He would either walk up very close to the victims, sometimes even shoulder to shoulder with them, and he would expose himself. He would pull his pants down and expose his genitals. Or, in the other cases, he would stand a distance away on the opposite side of the street or several yards ahead, pull his pants down, and call to the juvenile to get her attention,” said San Diego Police Department Lt. Andra Brown.
The suspect was described as a 5-foot-9-inch to 6-foot male in his mid-50s with a thin build and white or graying hair. He was seen leaving the area in a blue four-door car with an orange blanket on the backseat.
On Mar. 26, in an effort to capture the suspect, plain clothes investigators walked to school with previous victims in the Mira Mesa High School area. Detectives spotted a man matching the suspect’s description drive into the area and previous victims recognized him as the suspect who had exposed himself to them.
He was driving the same blue car from the descriptions, police said.
The 52-year-old man was arrested, but his identity has not been released.
Police said that so far, seven juvenile girls have come forward claiming the suspect exposed himself to them in public. Police think there could be several more victims.