Calling All Cooks for ‘Food Fighters’
Get ready to take your culinary creations from the dining room table to the judge’s table.
Do you think your cooking is better than the pros? If so, you should head over to NBC’s “Food Fighters” casting call for your chance to be a professional chef.
The NBC prime-time competition show is putting everyday home cooks up against professional chefs in the ultimate head to head showdown. This is the chance to break out your secret recipe for a chance to win a huge cash prize – not to mention bragging rights.
Anyone who’d like to audition for the show can go to the San Diego Culinary Institute at 8024 La Mesa Blvd. on March 16 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To try out for the show, bring a completed application (download here). It’s also strongly recommended that you bring one signature dish with you to the open casting call. Any dish can be presented as long as it fits on one plate. This is your chance to highlight your kitchen creation – so bring something that shows off your skills.
The following rules and regulations apply:
- You will not have access to any equipment to heat your food and we will not supply you with any dishes, etc.
- You must bring your own utensils including the plate, knives, forks, spoons, serving pieces etc. You will only be given a few minutes to plate your dish so bring whatever it is that you need to do that!
- Please think VERY carefully about the food that you bring, and how you will
transport it to the open call. Please also take into consideration that you must be able to carry everything you need into the audition room.
- Do not worry if your dish is cold by the time it is tasted. Our food expert takes into account that you have had to prepare your dish at home and travel to the tasting audition. The temperature of your food will not detract from your overall score.
- Please remember you will have a short amount of time to plate the dish at a table, so come prepared and ready!
- Our food expert will try to taste every plate of food presented to him or her in the tasting room. (However, please note: there may be reasons that a food expert is unable to taste every dish - e.g. allergies, etc.)
- Applicants must be 18 years or older as of April 2013 and a legal resident of the United States.
So grab your best concoction and we'll see you March 16!