Portland's Blind Pilot, fronted by Israel Nebeker, return to San Diego.
There are some bands that I love, and some bands that I love. Blind Pilot is one of those bands. The Portland band loyally returns to San Diego once a year, and after just releasing their sophomore album We Are The Tide, they've outgrown the Casbah and are moving up to the Belly Up. If you've seen them before, you know how fantastic the band is live, and if you haven't, it's time to get on board. If you love your indie rock like I do, this might be the best Sunday in a while.
Sunday, Oct. 2:
- Casbah Presents Blind Pilot, Dan Mangan @ Belly Up
- Mona, Funeral Party, Long Live Logos @ Casbah
- Agent24, Broken Dreams, Stunt Double, Vrock @ Soda Bar
- Bloom, Fractalline, Rituals & Before The Eyewall @ The Shakedown
- Comedy Night feat. Rajan Dharni, Thom Souza, Austin Gilbert, Laura Londi, Dave Callans, Dewey Bratcher @ Tin Can
- Club Transmission with Penis Envy, Blissfully Dead, D-Tox, Ghoul Slithers @ Ruby Room
- Karaoke with Scotty Pants @ Eleven
- Erasure - Tomorrow's World Tour with Frankmusik @ House of Blues
- Ashley Juavinett, Jesse Terry @ Lestat's
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- Greg Michaels @ Humphrey's Backstage Lounge Brunch (10a-2p)
- Jerome Dawson (CD release)@ Humphrey's Backstage Lounge
- James Farm with Joshua Redmand, Aaron Parks, Matt Penman, Eric Harland @ Anthology (6pm)
- Lyric Opera presents MAME @ Birch North Park Theatre
- Reggae Sundays @ Spin
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.