The year just got a little louder, thanks to Humphrey’s Concerts By the Bay -- actually, a lot louder.
In addition to the few stellar summer concerts already on their calendar, the luxurious 1,400-seat live-music venue situated on prime San Diego Bay real estate just announced its full schedule for 2014 – and it’s a doozy.
Fans of Willie Nelson, Bryan Ferry, Rob Thomas and Broken Bells have already swarmed the venue’s website, snatching up tickets to those now-sold-out shows. Prepare your calendars and your pocketbooks, though, because some of the biggest acts in music are coming through Humphrey’s Concerts By the Bay this year.
The eclectic lineup includes such classic-rock staples as Gregg Allman, Chicago, Yes, Air Supply, Boston and the Doobie Brothers, along with megastars like Los Lonely Boys, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and B.B. King. Music fans will also rejoice about some other choice acts, including Chris Isaak, Lyle Lovett and Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers. As always, there are some interesting shows that are sure to be popular among the indie-rock crowd that appreciate the softer, more-introspective side of things: Iron & Wine, City and Colour, Tori Amos, Jewel and Andrew Bird all headline shows that are sure to sell out.
The Beach Boys bring their instantly recognizable surf-pop hits to the stage on Oct. 5, and even without the band’s chief songwriter, Brian Wilson, at the helm, it will still be one of the must-see shows of the year in San Diego.
And for all those Beatles fans out there (who isn’t?), one of the only two surviving members of the legendary Liverpudlian pop group, Ringo Starr, stops in with His All Starr Band on July 11. Fittingly, Heart -- featuring native San Diegan Ann Wilson, one of rock’s most powerful vocalists -- closes out the 2014 schedule with a show on Oct. 17.
With a widely diverse lineup, Humphrey's show calendar truly has something for everyone. We'll be seeing you there!
Humphrey’s Concerts By the Bay 2014 Schedule:
- April 4: Willie Nelson (sold out)
- April 5: The Cult
- April 6: Rob Thomas (sold out)
- April 15: City and Colour
- April 16: Broken Bells
- April 17: Bryan Ferry (sold out)
- May 9: Ingrid Michaelson
- May 13: Lindsey Stirling
- May 14: Christina Perri
- May 18: Gregg Allman
- May 24: Raphael
- June 5: Danity Kane
- June 6: Neon Trees
- June 9: Il Volo
- June 15: Matt Nathanson, Gavin DeGraw
- June 17: Steve Winwood
- June 26: The Piano Guys
- June 27: Jo Koy
- July 1: Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers (featuring Edie Brickell)
- July 6: Bob Weir & RatDog
- July 11: Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band
- July 12: Steely Dan
- July 16: Chris Isaak
- July 17: Happy Together 30th Anniversary Tour (featuring the Turtles)
- July 18: Jesse Cook
- July 20: Jewel
- July 22: Doobie Brothers
- July 23: Lyle Lovett & His Large Band
- July 24: Tori Amos
- July 30: Boston
- July 31: Los Lonely Boys, Kenny Wayne Shepherd
- Aug. 1: Dave Koz & Friends Summer Horns Tour 2014
- Aug. 5: Amos Lee
- Aug. 8: Russell Peters
- Aug. 11: Iron & Wine
- Aug. 18: Yes
- Aug. 22: Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Galactic
- Aug. 27: B.B. King
- Aug. 31: Gipsy Kings' 25th Anniversary Tour
- Sept. 4: Retro Futura Tour 2014
- Sept. 12: Chicago
- Sept. 13: Air Supply
- Sept. 19: Andrew Bird
- Sept. 20: Herman’s Hermits
- Sept. 21: Engelbert Humperdinck
- Sept. 24: The Australian Pink Floyd Show
- Sept. 26: Gordon Lightfoot's50 Years on the Carefree Highway Tour
- Oct. 5: The Beach Boys
- Oct. 11: Tower of Power
- Oct. 17: Heart