"Yes [she's staying on], she has a job to do," Mounir Moufarrige said.
The label head also deflected criticism of her first outing as artistic advisor for the line, including some barbs from the retired founder of the house, Emanuel Ungaro himself.
"Mr. Ungaro has his views, he can keep them. I have no comment," Moufarrige said, though he added that Lindsay's line – done with designer Estrella Archs – was a financial success.
"The criticism was harsh. I am sure we can do better in the collection to be honest… But it did sell well," he said.
Ever the busy star, Lindsay, who previously broke news to Access Hollywood that she's also working on a line for Bebe, previously told People that she was hard at work on the next Ungaro collection.
"It's already in January," she said at the time. "I thought it was in March."
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Stars With Amazing Style
PLAY IT NOW: The Biggest Celebrity Feuds Of Fall 2009
PLAY IT NOW: Lindsay Lohan's Nu Pop Movement (November 12, 2009)