Looking to beat the heat?
San Diego municipal pools will see extended hours starting Monday as the summer season rolls around and more families head to the pool.
Thirteen pools will see longer hours as the weather warms up in the summer months.
Full hours for the municipal pools can be found at the links below:
- Allied Gardens, at 6707 Glenroy Street, has adult lap swim hours starting at 6:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and at 8 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday.
- The Bud Kearns Memorial Pool at 2229 Morley Field Drive is closed until further notice.
- The Carmel Valley Pool at 3777 Townsgate Drive is open for lap swimmers starting at 6 a.m. Monday through Thursday and has childrens pool hours from 12 p.m. to approximately 3:30 p.m. Monday through Sunday.
- The City Heights Swim Center on 4380 Landis St. is open starting at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- The Clairemont Pool at 3605 Clairemont Dr. will be open starting at 8 a.m. on Monday for lap swimmers with special afternoon hours for recreational swimmers.
- The Colina Del Sol Pool at 4150 54th Pl. opens at 12 p.m. until approximately 3:30 p.m. Monday to Sunday.
- The Kearny Mesa Pool at 3170 Armstrong Street opens starting at 7:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday for lap swimmers with special recreation swim hours in the afternoon.
- The Martin Luther King Jr. Pool at 6401 Skyline Dr. opens at 12 p.m. until approximately 3:30 p.m. Monday to Sunday.
- The Memorial Pool at 2902 Marcy Ave. opens at 11 a.m. Monday to Thursday and at noon Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- The Ned Baumer Aquatic Center at 10440 Black Mountain Rd. will be open periodically starting at 7:30 a.m. Monday to Thursday and at varying times throughout the rest of the week with children’s pool hours in the afternoon.
- The Swanson Pool at 3585 Governor Dr. will open at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and later in the morning on Thursday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
- The Tierrasanta Pool at 11238 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. will open for lap swimmers at 9:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday with children’s pool hours starting around noon every day of the week.
- Vista Terrace Pool at 301 Athley Ave. will open at 12 p.m. Monday through Friday and Sunday with afternoon recreational swim hours.
The larger pools are located in Carmel Valley, City Heights, Clairemont, Miramar, Balboa Park, Allied Gardens and Tierrasanta.
For adults, a single day admission ticket costs $4, but adults can buy a 10-day pass for $15. For $45, adults can purchase a 30-day pass. [[308723601,C]]
For those swimmers 16 years old or younger, daily admission is $2. A 10-day pass costs $15 and a 30-day pass costs $45. These prices also apply to those older than 61 years old.
All city of San Diego parks, pools and beaches are smoke free.
The extended pool hours will last until Labor Day on Sept. 7.