San Diego County continued its excellence in all things suds by grabbing 14 medals in this past weekend’s top national beer contest.
The awards bestowed to San Diego at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado, included four gold medals, three silver and seven bronze medals.
Entries are judged anonymously from industry experts from around the world. They take into consideration which beers best represent each beer-style category.
In terms of states, California garnered the most medals with 46, followed (unsurprisingly) by Colorado (39) and, also not surprisingly, Oregon, which picked up 22 medals.
Here are the San Diego County breweries that received honors:
- Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits – Scripps Ranch (two medals: gold and silver)
- Pizza Port Ocean Beach (two medals: silver and bronze)
- Green Flash Brewing Co. (bronze)-Bagby Beer Co. (bronze)
- Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station (gold)
- Karl Strauss Brewing Co. – La Jolla (bronze)
- Alesmith Brewing Co. (gold)
- Saint Archer Brewing Co. (gold)
- Benchmark Brewing Co. (gold)
- Port Brewing Co. (bronze)
- Societe Brewing Co. (bronze)