The Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday marks the 25th anniversary of the day of service that celebrates the Civil Rights leader's life and legacy.
Here's what services will be impacted in the county and city of San Diego.
No Delay in Trash Collection:
There will be a normal schedule for trash and recycling collection services on Monday within the City of San Diego. Residents in other cities should check with their waste service for holiday service schedules.
The Miramar Landfill will be open normal hours, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Time restrictions on street parking and yellow zones within the City of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones will still be enforced every day.
Be aware that parking on Port property and in different cities may vary.
Parks & Recreation:
- Balboa Park will be open, though all public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed. Museums that are usually open on a Monday will be open.
- Golf courses and starter booths will be open, holiday rates will apply. Visit the golf course page for more information.
- Chollas Lake and San Vincente Reservoir will be open.
- Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center will be open.
- Tecolote Nature Center will be closed.
- All city recreation centers and city pools will be closed.
- The following centers will be closed
- Fallbrook Community Center
- Lakeside Community Center
- Spring Valley Community Center
- Spring Valley Gymnasium
- Lakeside Teen Center
- Spring Valley Teen Center
- 4S Ranch Sports Park Office
- County Parks, campgrounds and neighborhood day-use parks will be open during normal business hours.
The following skate parks will be open:
- Bill and Maxine Wilson Skate Park
- Carmel Valley Skate Park
- Charles L. Lewis III Memorial Skate Park
- Rancho Peñasquitos Skate Park
- Robb Field Skate Park
- City Heights Skate Park
- Linda Vista Skate Park
- All Administrative Offices in the city of San Diego will be closed.
- San Diego County offices, library branches and animal shelters will also be closed
- The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department will also be closed.
- All libraries will be closed
- The Family Justice Center will be closed. Individuals needing help with domestic violence should call 911 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
Police and fire emergency crews will not be impacted by the holiday. The citywide emergency dispatch center will be on duty.