If you’re one of the thousands of costumed fans who will descend on downtown San Diego this week for Comic-Con, public transit is your best bet for getting to the massive pop culture convention.
The San Diego Metropolitan Transit System will be increasing bus and trolley service to handle the large crowds at Comic-Con.
The increased service will begin Wednesday with the preview night at the San Diego Convention Center.
Fans are encouraged to use thousands of free parking spaces near transit stops around the county.
Limited edition commemorative transit passes that feature Comic-Con inspired designs are available for purchase at select Sycuan Green Line ticket booths or the MTS Transit Store at the 12th & Imperial Transit Center.
There will also be a "Stranger Things" themed station activation at the Convention Center Station.
Standard fares also can be bought on MTS's mobile app.
Trolleys will serve the Convention Center each day. The full MTS Comic-Con schedule can be seen here.
Free parking is available for those using public transit at the following locations:
- SDCCU Stadium (Sycuan Green): 5,000 free parking spots
- Morena/Linda Vista (Sycuan Green): 200 free parking spots
- El Cajon Transit Center (Sycuan Green/Orange): 469 free parking spots
- Massachusetts Avenue Station (Orange): 241 free parking spots
- Palm Avenue Station (UC San Diego Blue): 499 free parking spots
- Bayfront/E Street Station (UC San Diego Blue): 267 free parking spots
- Hazard Center (Sycuan Green – Sat and Sun only): 1,500 free parking spots
To get the latest buzz from San Diego Comic-Con International (SDCC) 2015, visit NBC 7's SDCC coverage page.