Natural Gas Line Explodes Beneath Poway Home


A Poway family called for help and rushed out of their home after a gas line exploded underneath their house Tuesday.

A couple had a service man to their home at 12102 Poway Road Tuesday morning to replace a valve on a gas line located under the kitchen in a crawl space.

When the maintenance was finished, apparently some became gas trapped underneath the floor boards was set off and blew out paneling in the wall.

The service man ran to his truck to grab an extinguisher to put out the flames.  The family called 911 around 10:30 a.m. to report the blast.

The service man went outside and immediately shut off the gas.

Deputies said there were no injuries to the residents. Everyone, including pets, got out safely.

Contact Us