A fire ripped through the attic of a church in Barrio Logan Saturday, severely damaging the building and forcing the church to close.
At approximately 12:16 p.m., smoke was reported to be coming from the roof of Iglesia Pentecostal Church, located at 2232 National Avenue.
When San Diego Fire-Rescue Department (SDFD) crews arrived, the fire was engulfing the roof and ceiling of the church.
Firefighters were able to knock out the flames within 30 minutes. No one was inside the building at the time, so there were no injuries, SDFD officials said.
The fire caused smoke and water damage to the building. The church will be closed until repairs can be made. The church was founded 20 years ago and has approximately 120 worshippers each Sunday.
SDFD officials said electrical wiring issues likely caused the fire.