A Normal Heights home being used as a medical marijuana dispensary was damaged by fire early Thursday.
It was 1 a.m. when San Diego Fire-Rescue crews were called to the home on 40th Street near Meade Avenue, just west of Interstate 15.
When crews arrived, fire was coming out of the front door. Firefighters say they had to force their way into the home to make sure no one was inside.
A refrigerator was pushed up against the front door and it appears the compression unit in the fridge malfunctioned, starting the fire, firefighters said.
The fire was contained to the front door of the home.
Firefighters later discovered that it appears the home is being used as a marijuana dispensary and no one was living at the home.