Something on Coronado smells so bad it’s making people sick according to one business owner.
Coronado police were called to a section of First Street around 6 a.m. Friday for a sewer gas leak.
Firefighters also responded to the area because of complaints of a thick stench.
Officers said that despite the smell, the leak is harmless.
The owner of nearby Affordable Engineering Services told NBC 7 that the smell was so overwhelming that his employees were sickened.
He sent his employees home and some customers have complained about the smell.
Check back for updates on this developing story.