Ten high-profile Californians have been named as speakers for the Democratic National Convention.
The governor and mayor of Los Angeles are among those on a preliminary list of speakers scheduled for the event next week in Philadelphia, the DNC announced Thursday.
Among the speakers:
- Governor Jerry Brown
- Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom
- House Minority Leader Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
- Senator Barbara Boxer
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Congressman Ted Lieu
- Congressman Xavier Becerra
- Congressman Adam Schiff
- Congresswoman Maxine Waters
- Former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
The convention runs from July 25 to July 28.