If I'm being completely honest, this weekend was so insane, you'd be forgiven if you took a night off, but you'd be missing out on some fun. At the Belly Up, catch a benefit for the Tony Hawk Foundation featuring Texas rockers This Will Destroy You. Meanwhile, the tribute bands in San Diego are surely saturated, but tonight you can be the star at the Office with Death Cab for Karaoke, backed by a live band, or catch Obligerant at Casbah or check Chinese hardcore act Demerit at Soda Bar. You probably have a dozen excuses to stay home, but you definitely should exercise your will and get out to see some live music.
Monday, June 18:
- This Will Destroy You "S/T" 10th anniversary benefiting the Tony Hawk Foundation @ Belly Up
- Death Cab for Karaoke: LIVE Band Emo Singalongs @ The Office
- Matt and Sarah's Post Nuptials: Obligerant, Cabuloan, Amir Estakhrian @ Casbah
- Demerit, Artowar, Sculpins @ Soda Bar
- Flaunt, Stress Position, Born a Lot, Homeless Sexuals @ Tower Bar
- Trixie Mattel @ House of Blues
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Blue Monday @ Blonde
- Stefan Hillesheim @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Andy Anderson & Nathan Fry @ Martini's Above Fourth
- Strictly Acoustic @ Navajo Live
- Missy Andersen @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Electric Relaxation: Underground '90s chill hip-hop @ Whistle Stop
- Without Hope, Breave Heart @ Bancroft (8 p.m.)
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- 31 Flavors @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.