Prince Harry Suing British Tabloids Over Alleged Hacking of Voicemails - NBC 7 San Diego

Prince Harry Suing British Tabloids Over Alleged Hacking of Voicemails

The claims against The Sun and the Daily Mirror follow Harry’s announcing earlier this week a lawsuit against the parent company of the Daily Mail

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    5 Falltacular Ways to Connect With Your Family
    PA Images via Getty Images
    In this Sept. 23, 2019, file photo, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend a creative industries and business reception at the British High Commissioner's residence in Johannesburg, South Africa, on day 10 of their tour of Africa.

    Prince Harry is set to sue the owners of British tabloids The Sun and the Daily Mirror over alleged hacking of phone messages.

    "Claims have been filed on behalf of The Duke of Sussex at the High Court regarding the illegal interception of voicemail messages," Buckingham Palace told NBC News in a statement, adding that because the particulars of the claims are not yet public, it could not comment further. 

    The Sun's parent company, News Group Newspapers, confirmed that the Duke of Sussex launched legal action against it and said it has no further comment.

    Reuters reports that court documents first reported by website Byline Investigates also show that Harry is targeting Mirror Group Newspapers, owned by Reach PLC, with the legal action.

    Reach Group declined to comment.