Power Outage: What You Need to Know
SAN DIEGO, CA - SEPTEMBER 8: Passenger Michael Moretti waits at the baggage pick-up at San Diego International Airport after a massive blackout hit Southern California September 8, 2011 in San Diego, California. Approximateely 1.5 million residents from Southern Orange County to Northern Baja are without power.(Photo by Sandy Huffaker/Getty Images)
Power Outage Effects in San Diego
- Remember: Blacked out lights are a 4-way stop
- Police Information line 619-570-1070 (recoded messages with updates)
Boil Water Orders for the Following Communities:
- College: Hwy 8 east of Fairmont and 54th; north of Hwy 94 and west to 70th St.
- La Jolla: West of 5, north to La Jolla Parkway.
- Tierrasanta: South of 52, west of city boundary, east of Santo Rd. and north of Clairemont Mesa Rd.
- San Carlos: East of Golfcrest, north of Navajo, east of Lake Murray and west of city boundary
- Rancho Bernardo: East of Hwy 15, north of Bernardo Hts Pkwy, west of city boundary and south of RB Road
- Otay Mesa: North of I-905, east of I-805, west of Brown Field, south of city boundary.
- Scripps Ranch: North of Miramar Lake, south of Scripps Poway Pkwy, west of city boundary and east of I-15.
- Flower Hill Mall: North of Via de la Valle, east of I-5, west of city boundary
These were issued by the city of San Diego, if you live outside the city limits check with your water provider. Anticipate the boil water oder to stay in place until Saturday, unless a new advisory is issued.
- All personnel are required to report
UC San Diego Medical Centers
- All elective procedures will be rescheduled.
- Only emergency + urgent procedures will take place.
- Walk-in clinics + physician offices will be open.
- All essential patient care staff and faculty please report to work as scheduled on today.
- If needed, child care for kids 4-12 years old will be provided for these employees.Please notify your charge nurse in advance if you need this care.
San Diego Metropolitan Transit District
- Trolley Lines are up and running on time
- Buses are running on time
Port of Entry
- Both Ports of Entry are open
Coaster, Breeze & Sprinter
- All trains and buses are operating on time.
- All classes are cancelled Friday regardless of power returning. Parents of private-school students should contact school officials.
San Diego State University
University of California, San Diego
University of San Diego
Cal State San Marcos