A man was severely burned when a motor home parked along an Ocean Beach street exploded into flames early Thursday
A man was severely burned when a motor home parked along an Ocean Beach street exploded into flames early Thursday.
Flames shot 25 to 30 feet into the air when the vehicle caught fire just after 3 a.m. at the corner of Bacon Street and Santa Monica Avenue.
One witness told San Diego police that it sounded like something exploded inside the motor home.
A man was in the back of the motor home at the time and had difficulty getting out. He had to be pulled from the motorhome by passersby. Firefighters said the man was found about a block away from the scene and treated for severe burns.
The unidentified man, described as in his 40’s, was taken to UCSD Medical Center for burns on his hands and face police said.
One person who was with the victim but was not inside the motor home told police there were propane tanks inside the vehicle police said.
The Metro Arson Strike Team is working to determine on the cause.
Keep up to date on breaking news: Follow us on Twitter @nbcsandiego, fan us on Facebook, sign up for our breaking news e-mail alerts or text SDBREAKING to 622339 to receive text messages for local breaking news. (For more info, text HELP. To end, text STOP. Message and data rates may apply.)