The bank robber dubbed the "Mr. Magoo Bandit" linked to a dozen robberies throughout California is under arrest, according to the FBI.
The FBI office in San Diego said Scott Jame Larson turned himself in Monday without incident. Larson surrendered to agents after he was advised he was a suspect in a string of bank robberies.
According to the complaint filed with the U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Larson confessed to robbing a US Bank in San Diego, on Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2011.
In describing the "Mr. Magoo Bandit" investigators said he uses a note to demand cash from tellers and, in some instances, has even thanked his victims.
He is much younger than the Mr. Magoo cartoon but he does wear prescription glasses. He's in his 40s, bald with a little short dirty blond hair. The man makes no attempt to disguise himself, according to the FBI.
Investigators said he robbed a Chase Bank in South San Francisco on Sept. 17 and a U.S. Bank in Novato in late August.
Here's the entire list of banks he is suspected of robbing:
- 11/23/10 Wells Fargo Bank, 1350 Fashion Valley Road, San Diego, CA.
- 06//10/11 Wells Fargo Bank, 1350 Fashion Valley Road, San Diego, CA.
- 07/12/11 US Bank, 1331 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA.
- 07/27/11 US Bank, 3201 University, San Diego, CA.
- 08/10/11 US Bank, 1331 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA.
- 08/19/11 Chase Bank, 1000 North Green Valley Parkway, Henderson, NV.
- 08/29/11 US Bank, 1711 Grant Avenue, Novato, CA.
- 09/07/11 US Bank, 3201 University Avenue, San Diego, CA.
- 09/17/11 Chase Bank, 101 Mc Clellan Drive, South San Francisco, CA.
- 09/27/11 Chase Bank, 5291 Mission Oaks Blvd., Camarillo, CA.
- 10/04/11 Chase Bank, 255 King Street, San Francisco, CA.
- 10/08/11 Chase Bank, 148 West Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA.