Escondido Woman Trapped in House Fire Dies

The woman's home in the 3800 block of Violet Glen caught fire on Tuesday

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBC 7

     An elderly woman trapped by an Escondido house fire has died after suffering from smoke inhalation and burns, the San Diego County Medical Examiner reported. 

    The unnamed 76-year-old woman was inside her two-story home Tuesday morning as flames sparked in her kitchen and grew to about 20 feet high, neighbors said. 

    By the time firefighters arrived at the scene, the house was already well-involved in fire. 

    Rescuers were able to pull the woman out and rush her to Palomar Medical Center, and she was soon transferred to UC San Diego Burn Center for treatment. 

    However, her condition deteriorated, and she died from her injuries Friday around 7 p.m., according to the medical examiner. 

    Her identity will be released after her family is notified.