Unwanted or expired prescription medications can be disposed of safely Saturday, according to San Diego County health officials.
San Diego County sheriff's deputies are hosting a "Prescription Drug Take Back Day" on Oct. 26.
The event is designed to curb prescription drug theft and abuse.
Deputies will be at dozens of locations across the county from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. accepting the donations with no questions asked.
- Alpine Sheriff's Station, 2751 Alpine Boulevard
- Lemon Grove Sheriff's Station, 3240 Main Street
- Encinitas ‐ Scripps Memorial Hospital, 354 Santa Fe Drive
- Poway Sheriff's Station, 13100 Bowron Road
- Fallbrook Sheriff's Substation, 388 E. Alvarado St.
- Ramona ‐ Albertson's Parking Lot, 1459 Main St.
- Imperial Beach Sheriff's Station, 845 Imperial Beach Blvd.
- San Marcos - Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy, 400 Craven Road
- Lakeside - Walgreens Parking Lot, 9728 Wintergarden Blvd.
- Santee ‐ Walgreen's Parking Lot, 10512 Mission Gorge Rd.
If you are unable to drop off your unwanted prescriptions Saturday, you can do it during business hours any Monday through Friday at a sheriff's station or substation.