Northwest grocery chain Haggen Inc. has scheduled several more openings as it converts and reopens 25 San Diego County locations that formerly housed Albertsons and Vons.
Officials said these openings are scheduled for the month of May.
- May 14: 955 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad; 12475 Rancho Bernardo Road, San Diego; 3681 Avocado Ave., La Mesa.
- May 16: 10633 Tierrasanta Blvd. and 5950 Balboa Ave., San Diego; 671 Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos.
- May 19: 14340 Penasquitos Drive and 7895 Highland Village Place, San Diego; 870 Third Ave., Chula Vista.
- May 21: 422 W. Washington St. and 10740 Westview Pkwy., San Diego.
- May 23: 150 B Ave., Coronado; 5630 Lake Murray Blvd., La Mesa.
More openings are scheduled during the month of June. In March, Washington-based Haggen opened its first California store at 7660 El Camino Real in Carlsbad, and earlier in May it debuted in Poway, Del Mar, Santee and El Cajon.
Haggen is in the process of converting a total of 146 stores, including 83 in California, that it acquired earlier this year for an undisclosed price. The deal followed a government-mandated divestment that cleared the way for the merger of Albertsons Inc. and Safeway Inc., parent of Vons.