Vito Di Stefano
The Styletones will return to the home of the funk, Bar Pink, on Friday night.
This weekend presents a whole slew of great shows around the county. Some friends of SoundDiego, the Styletones, will bring down the house at Bar Pink as they always do, while the aptly named Kids perform at Che Cafe. Nik Turner's Hawkwind will melt faces at the Casbah, while soft-rocker Brett Dennen woos the cougars at the Belly Up. If you're looking for an indie band, Wild Child is one worth watching over at Soda Bar. Also, it's super-rare that I tell you to get outta town, but this weekend, Tim Mays, the owner of the Casbah, celebrates his birthday at Pappy and Harriet's in the high desert. He's taking some awesome San Diego bands for the free show, and if you feel like seeing the desert at night, the little roadhouse is a pretty amazing venue.
Friday, Nov. 15:
- Casbah Presents the Silent Comedy, the Creepy Creeps, Black Hondo, the Little Richards @ Pappy and Harriet's, Pioneertown, Calif.
- Wild Child, Lake, Mariel @ Soda Bar
- Nik Turner's Hawkwind, Astra, Joy, Operation Mindblow Lightshow @ Casbah
- Brett Dennen, Grizfolk (9 p.m.) @ Belly Up
- Kids, Shiva Trash, Underpass, Lube @ Che Cafe
- The Styletones @ Bar Pink
- Pacific Dub, Wait for Green @ Griffin
- Roman Watchdogs, Loose Nuts @ Shakedown
- Rvivr, Eskera, Pop Bottle Bombers, Sledding With Tigers @ Tower Bar
- Awakeners, Slig, Angry Dragon @ Tin Can
- Lord Dog Birds, 3 Moons @ The Void
- Mayday Parade, Man Overboard, Cartel, Stages & Stereos @ House of Blues
- Joe Klapow (5 p.m.), Deadly Birds, Counterpoint Culture, Tommy Dubs @ 710 Beach Club
- Atomic Groove (5:30 p.m.) @ Belly Up
- Disconnected Shows & WWAC presents Filthy Rockers Ball 3, featuring Los Gatos Locos, the Strikers, Screamin' Yeahaws, Insomniaxs, the Gore Horseman, Rail Them to Death, Goon's Army, Creeps AD @ Brick By Brick
- Melo D & Ricky Rocks @ Fluxx
- The Fooks, DJ Chelu @ Gallagher's Pub
- Sister Speak (5 p.m.), Rising Star (9 p.m.) @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Bad Penny & the Pistols, Raquel Frischmann, the Copoetics @ Lestat's
- Brent Curtis @ Marble Room
- Alesso @ Voyeur
- DJs Daniel Sant & Rob Moran @ Whistle Stop
- GrooveSession with Brothers Gow @ Winston's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.