Tim Pyles of 94.9 has the antidote to your Monday blues with Deniz Tek performing at the Casbah.
Because of the long holiday weekend the city will slow down a bit on Monday. The night's options aren't endless, but the few options are certainly good ones. The Tin Can Country Club band will have their usual suspects out with Gary Hankins, which has become a weekly talked about event. The Void hosts the heavy strumming of Dustin Blackwell. The Soda Bar will host the indie rock of Austin's Quiet Company. Over at the Casbah, Tim Pyles is really excited to have Deniz Tek of Radio Birdman fame perfoming his Anti-Monday League show with locals, Amerikan Bear and the Pheasants supporting.
Monday July 8:
- Deniz Tek & the Bad Men, Amerikan Bear, the Pheasants @ Casbah
- Sonicbids presents Quiet Company, Rainbow Jackson, Orange Anima @ Soda Bar
- The Tin Can Country Club featuring Gary Hankins @ Tin Can Ale House
- Dustin Blackwell, Little Brave, Roem Baur @ the Void
- The Body, Subservient Fuck, Age of Collapse, Griever @ Ché Café
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Chet Cannon @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- San Diego Pyrate Punx & Death Punx Distro present Spellcaster, Exmortus, Mortus Terror @ Tower Bar
- Modern Day Moonshine @ House of Blues Voodoo Stage
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Richard Hills @ Spreckels Organ Pavilion (7:30 p.m.)
- Rick Remender @ McP's Irish Pub
- WG & the G-Men @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Monday Night Jams @ 710 Beach Club
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.