Colleen Longo/ Courtesy Big Hassle
If you'd like to slow things down on Tuesday, I highly recommend heading over to University Heights. The little-known, infrequently used space of the Park Gallery feels like an empty living room you'd experience at a high school house party and hosts intimate shows with under-the-radar artists.
Kelli Scarr, once a vocalist with Moby, has been to town a few times and I'm not sure what her connection to the Park Gallery is, but she keeps returning to the little space that has survived numerous break-ins and funding issues.
The Brooklyn singer/songwriter just released her second record, which has gorgeous notes of Americana and alt-country that you'd want to listen to under the stars. As I understand, on this tour she's travelling with the band that played on the record. With Luke Redfield of Minnesota in direct support, this is pretty much your best option for the night.
Note that the space is small and the show is free (though they usually solicit donations with high pressure). You'll want to dress casually since the room gets extremely warm and you might find yourself sitting on the floor.
Tuesday, July 24:
- Kelli Scarr, Luke Redfield, Adams and Eves @ Park Gallery
- The Intelligence, Mad Kiwi, Gorgeous George & the Drags, Octa#grape @ Soda Bar
- Project Walk with Meg Myers, Stone Senses, KADA @ Belly Up
- Hoodrat, Sculpins, the Last Years, Ramp Locals @ Tin Can
- Local Brews Local Groves with Cael Dadian, 2B1, Big Truth, Patric Petrie, Jennifer Cadence @ House of Blues Voodoo Stage
- Tour Booker Annie presents the Natives, Tori and Alia, PyroEnergizer @ Ruby Room
- Tiki Tuesday with Craig Prior @ Bar Pink
- BoomSnap, Tiffy Jane, Kendrick Dial, Brothers Burns, J Phatts @ The Griffin
- Yeah Buddy Tuesdays with Race Against Space, the Junk Poets, Breakhouse @ Eleven
- Severed Saviour, Disgorge, Genocaust, Cephalotripsy, Paroxysmal Butchering, Chainsaw Carnage @ The Shakedown Bar
- The Legacy Pack @ Winston's
- Anthology House Band @ Anthology
- Westside Inflection @ Riviera Supper Club (7 p.m.)
- Darkwave Garden @ Club Kadan
- SoulJazz @ Croce's
- Stoney B. Blues Band @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Train of Thought @ Queen Bee's
- Comedy Night @ Lestat's
- Trent Hancock @ Tiki House
- Community Revolution in Progress @ The Office
- Tomcat Courtney @ La Gran Tapa
- Friends Chill @ Whistle Stop
- Fully Loaded Comedy @ Til-Two Club
- Tommy Price & the Stilettos @ Henry's Pub
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
- Open Mic @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Steve Brewer @ McP's Irish Pub
- Quintinn @ Davina's Cabo Grill
- Karaoke @ Kensington Club
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.