Sweet and Tender Hooligans
Sweet and Tender Hooligans live and in full effect.
If you love reggae, Saturday will be your night, with plenty of music around town to ease into your chill vibe. If you're not a fan, however, you can still find something to suit your fancy. The Sweet and Tender Hooligans return to the Casbah for their annual night of classics by the Smiths and Morrissey. Zongo Junction promise a party-good time with their Afrobeat jams at Soda Bar, and Bar Pink features two Requiemme artists, Maren Parusel and Hills Like Elephants. There's plenty of great tunes around town, so be sure to get out and enjoy the last weekend of 2012.
Saturday, December 29:
- Sweet and Tender Hooligans, Really Idol @ Casbah
- Zongo Junction, In Motion Collective, Snuffaluffagus @ Soda Bar
- C. Money & the Players Inc., with Agent 22 and Gadfly @ Winstons
- The Dazz Band @ Anthology
- Requiemme Showcase, featuring Maren Parusel and Hills Like Elephants @ Bar Pink
- Vokab Kompany @ Belly Up
- On Decent, Rammoth, Sinner’s Rage, Her Bed of Thornes @ Brick By Brick
- Gilbert Castellanos @ Dizzy’s
- Slipping Into Darkness, Tar Halos, Harshe Toke, Plant Tribe @ Eleven
- Andreas Moe @ Fluxx
- Almost Islanders @ Gallagher’s Irish Pub
- Aaron Bowen, Heather Nation, Raelee Nikole @ Lestats
- Piano Man John Foltz @ Marble Room
- Gates, He Is the Painter, Lightning Starts Fire, Overboard Farewell, Jara, Fight the future @ Soma
- King Legend, Euphoria Brass Band @ The Griffin
- Requiem for the Rockets, Black Cassette, Duping the Public @ The Tin Can
- Rebelution/Expendables @ House Of Blues
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.