There is one event that keeps this post going on Christmas Eve year after year: Exile on Kettner Blvd. It was just two years ago that Mario Escovedo threw in the towel and everyone was let to fear that the long-standing tradition of local musicians gathering to perform Rolling Stones covers was coming to an end. However, the Casbah put up a fight and this year, under the guidance of Mocha Joe Camacho, the tradition carries on. This year, a small cover of $5 has been added to offset expenses for musicians, but you can be sure that it will be worth it and then some. This is possibly the most fun night of the year at the Casbah and you don't want to miss it.
Thursday, Dec. 24, 2015:
- Exile on Kettner Blvd., Schizophonics Stone Soul Christmas Show @ Casbah ($5)
- Open at 8 p.m. @ Bar Pink
- 45 Revolution @ Croce's Park West
- John Phillips Holiday Party @ Humphreys Backstage Live (7 a.m.)
- Open Jam Session @ Winston's (6-9 p.m.)
- Christmas Eve OB-O-Ke Bash @ Winston's
- Rock Out Karaoke @ Tin Roof
- Cozy Christmas with DJ Shoeshine @ Whistle Stop
- Pali Roots @ Gallagher's Irish Pub
- Liquid Courage Karaoke @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.